Saturday, January 17, 2009

2nd Week - What do I think about...

Okay. 2nd week has passed. Its Saturday morning and its time for the weekly updating of my academic blog. ( a bit late though). 

Seriously, I don't know what to write. I want to make the blog more interesting(perhaps creative) but I find it hard to do so. Words do not flow out smoothly from my brain and often I have to 'squeeze' my brain to get some ideas out. I don't think I am creative especially in writing. I always have grammar problems in my writings. This is why I do not like to write a lot. I envy those who can translate all their ideas in words, and coil all the sentences together in a coherent manner. It's hard for me to do so because.... erm..I don't know why. Hence I usually keep my essays simple and straight forward. 

I thought I would be free of essay writing after form 5 but the matter of fact is I am still stuck writing essays ( I do not detest it but I simply don't like it). What an irony huh? The more I want to be free from it, the more essays I have to write. Every essay felt like a curse to me, okay maybe this is a bit exaggerating but to put in another way, I simply don't feel excited whenever I have to write an essay. 

Many people would say you must read more, speak more, blah blah blah.... to improve your English but I do read a lot, in fact I enjoy reading the newspapers, storybooks, blogs etc. Maybe it boils down to a person's interest (or passion) to enjoy writing essays. Some people could write on non stop because they love writing so much. But for every sentence that I write, I would be worried of the grammar mistakes or the sentence structures. So, it can be stressful at times. This is another reason I don't like writing essays.

Okay, I know I sound a bit emo/pessimistic in this blog, but these are my thoughts about essay writing, and it happened to be not very positive. Nevertheless, I find great joy in reading.



1 comment:

  1. oh hey, dats great! u keep ur essays simple and straight to the point.
    I can't write an essay without throwing in some nonsensical stuff.

    ReplyDelete