Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Week

Woah, I am back in college now. First week of lessons were so SLOW!! It felt like 6 months had flew pass, seriously. I pretty much dislike this week because most of my lecturers scared us and said "Everyone must study hard or not you will not going to fly to Australia."  I have been listening to this same sentence over and over again. I know they meant well but it's quite scary when they repeat the same statement so often. 

Oh well, I better start now.

I really like reading storybooks on my bed. I can hug my pillows and teddy bears when the story is heart gripping , toss around my bed when it's exciting, and "go to bed" when it's too boring. However, no way could I read a textbook or reference book on my bed. Impossible. I will straight away fall asleep. 

As for studying, maybe many will choose to study at the study table, bedroom etc. For me, there are few places I study at but definitely not my study table. My first choice is at the dining hall. reason being my dining table is very big and it is next to the refrigerator, which means food is nearby. Then, I can walk around to take a break or snack on food or play with my dog. My other preferences are the living hall and the balcony which is quite uncommon, but my living hall is rather empty and so I can walk around while I cram info into my mind. Best of all is that I can watch TV when I am sick of studying. As for the balcony, my house balcony overlooks a field and the view can calm me down when I am stressed up. Moreover, I would lock myself up in the balcony so that I would not be distracted. Weird rite?

Usually, I like to read at night. I don't know why but the later it is, the fresher i am. I also like the quietness and peace at night. No cars roaming, no one cooking or doing laundry... simply silence. My mum and siblings will be asleep and no one will disturb me. I be left alone. I can fully be immersed into the world of words and let my imagination run wild. Sometimes I will read until the next morning at 6 and still feel pumped up.

I normally study for half an hour at most without a break because I think it's crucial to take breaks in between to refresh the brain or to simply relax. But I can study as long as I want depending on how much time I have. It's a matter of desire. If I am really into studying (because the next day got exams), I would study longer and take lesser breaks. 

I consider the television to be my biggest enemy when it comes to my time management. I have a tendency to sit in front of the TV and stare at it for few hours consecutively. I don't know why but every time I watch TV, I will lose track of time and find it extremely difficult to press the switch off button. With Astro, I could watch many programs and this distract me even more. I always felt guilty but this does not stop me from watching TV. Maybe I have TV addiction and this bothers me a lot.  

On average, I will work on  few assignments in one evening, depending on when is the dateline and also on my mood. If the dateline is near, I will have no choice but to finish the assignments. Haha, but i am definitely not the hardworking type. I will delay my work until the very last minute.Oh yeah, if I have to write an essay, most likely I will spend a lot of time on it and go ka-put. Then i will be done for the day.

Talking about rewards, I don't prefer money, materials or compliments. I like a smile or a laughter from others. A sincere one. But a reward that I would give myself is to do nothing. Let me elaborate more. After studying hard for exams, I would reward myself by simply doing nothing, just sit down  and clear my mind. I reward myself in this manner because during exams I be very tensed up so by doing nothing I will feel better and relax.

So that's about it. Ciao.

A-ho!




Topic of lesson : Literary Terms

Example of  figurative language:

A computer game is like a conversation in a can.

Explanation : A conversation only involves two person in an event, unlike a opera singer who can reach out to many audiences at a time. Through the computer game, the game creator interacts with the audience (player) and the interaction is one-on-one. Yet, both the creator and the player only converse in a contained space, that is in the game only, thus in the example, the can represents a close space.

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes , an Opera singer can reach out to alot of people !!!!!! and touches their soul haha.
    I like it.^^

    ReplyDelete